. .
Malaysia Hifi Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum
Hifi Malaysia Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum Hi Fi Systems Home Theatre Home Cinema System  

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
. Any comment on Unison S2K tube amp?? Go back
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
eddylws wrote:
sonyman wrote:
well eddy, i agree with u, depends on the music that u listen to and the setup also.

anyway i have tried the music wave plus, but a bit pricy leh.
Yeah.. compare to wireworld it is very pricy.

the high end one are really good wire. but the lower end ones, they are ok also , but if u like listening to drums and ching ching sounds and also trumpet sound, the wireworld has something which the transparent dont give, anyway i got the wireworld at good price so ok lah.
I guess maybe transparent cable will not match to some of the setup, when I connect transparent with my speaker I can get a deep drum but not very bright ching ching sound like wireworld and clear and smooth vocal. Maybe this what transparent like.
When chosing a speaker cable do you think speaker sensitivity and AMP ratio sensitivity is very inportant?

and also the audioq cv 6.
the other reason is that my amp only cost rm 2500 and spk only cost rm 100, and cd player rm 1900, so i buy a spk cable say " how much is the music wave super now ah " rm 3000, well ithink not suitable. it wont make a huge difference.
I agree with you, is like puting a ferari engine into Proto Waja.

so i still go for other brand.

Sorry, abit slow on replying, cause my english is not so good need to check on Dictionary fisrt before post on here.
It is all my personal view that is no offend.

eh no problem man bro, take ur time in replying the thread cause no rush for any of us, dont worry about the english cause everyone is learning. dont worry about mistakes. sure everyone wants to learn something.

as for the spk cable, i think the function is more like tuning the sound that u want to achieve, like, if u like more thicker vocal and deep smooth bass and less bitting as ur amp is too bright, i think transparent does a really good job, and also if u like listening to chai ching, i think transparent is really suite the character of the singer, i listen to my wireword, the sound is ok, but the thickness and character that i have listen b4 in other cables are really different, not to say wire world not so good, but just that if u listen other kind of music on the wireworld compare transparent like classical music, i think wireworld character makes the violin and other instruments more lively.
sometime i listen transparent last time , i feel very sian one. ehehe.

very funny, but sometime i miss the vocal of a transparent cable and also the quietness of the spk cable.

so to choose a good cable , u need to see the cost per performance and cost comparing against a amplifier, like mine, use a sound stage and use a music link super, its crazy, or wasting my money.
eddylws

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
Hi Sonyman..
Really query about your setup, do we have a change listen to your setup?

Eddy Lim
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
eddylws wrote:
Hi Sonyman..

Eddy Lim

you mean have a chance to listen to my system ? sure, but unless u can make a trip down to melaka, hehe, it is there place in a room.

i dont have it here in kl, so if u want u need to make a trip down, but u are in luck, i will be back in melaka this weekend, if u want u can sms me or call me lah,
012 2908761 cheong chee yong

i be in melaka late sat evening, and then back on sunday afternoon or so. next week also i be arround in melaka during the weekend also, but that time i think should be from friday to sunday.

well call me lah.
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
Kit_USJ wrote:
Have u guys listen to Tong Lee's floor stand iQ9 speaker recently??

think when we have this, should remove the Sub??

eh, kit, what are using from tong lee the kef ah, anyway, not begineers not use kef only, some serious hifi kaki also use kef what, and remember kef not cheap leh.
mid ones will cost 5K and the high end ones will cost like 20 K leh.

so dont look down on kef lah, they are really good spk . no doubt that, even though i sian with kef sound, but urs i didnt experience yet leh, so it must be something good, and kef also got a long history in making drivers and speakers. so the mid to high end ones got some liau inside the spk one, except those lower end like my coda and cresta, they are just simple book shelves, but bare in mind the spk are still one of the best bookshelf's u can buy in the market, though today they are mostly made in china. and the cabinet is getting lighter and lighter. unlike those days.

anyway ur system also very high end, must be good also lah. as long as ling comes and tune the equipment, then it wont be a problem, mine last time b4 he came also rubbish the sound, but he came to my house one day and spend a couple of hours and tune the entire placement. the sound changed, and as i added more and more things like tuning stuff, they does make a lot of difference.
steve brentano

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message
Post Post subject:
is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
yes steve, u can pop a animated avatar, not a problem.

btw, are u in hifi, and where are you from, are you local ?

and what would u like to discuss today ?
hi5

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post Post subject:
and pls. do not talk about booming house pricing....

I'm sorry I didn't catch your Naim
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
eddylws wrote:
Hi Sonyman..

Eddy Lim

hi eddy, about ur bass problem,. i realise that u said u found the speaker stand. is it a normal speaker stand or some thing that u use as a speaker stand, well need to look into that, because the speaker stand plays a very important part in the sound that u are having now,is it filled with sand inside ? or an empty one.
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
hi guys, my dad wanted to get a unison S2 i think, well there is also a S2 k, kit can i get ur help to ask whats the differnce between S2 and the S2 K and what are they price at the moment, i dont know rm 3500 for a used S2 is worth taking ?
eddylws

spacer
Post Post subject:
sonyman wrote:
eddylws wrote:
Hi Sonyman..

Eddy Lim

hi eddy, about ur bass problem,. i realise that u said u found the speaker stand. is it a normal speaker stand or some thing that u use as a speaker stand, well need to look into that, because the speaker stand plays a very important part in the sound that u are having now,is it filled with sand inside ? or an empty one.

Sonyman,

I using a solid wood speaker stand and i bought it from ATS at Amcromall. Let me take the photo and post it here.

Eddy Lim
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
Cool I don't think speaker stand could contribute drastically to the
bass boom! It's probably the character /sound of the room.
Room treatment may help only so much, not a definite remedy.

Notice this thread has exceeded 1,800 hits to date. This is one of
the most frequented thread here. Again could be the reason to
find a cure(hopefully a very simple one that don't take forever) to
fix the acoustic problem. It isn't that simple, just fit a couple of foams
in a couple of minutes and everything will turn out fine! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Talking about fixing the sonic problems in a listening room. I spent
slightly more than 100 manhours over 6 months just to do the
acoutic treatments. Bringing in paid expertise would certainly cost
alot! Wink
eddylws

spacer
Post Post subject:
Vic wrote:
Cool I don't think speaker stand could contribute drastically to the
bass boom! Wink

Hi Vic,

Maybe the bass boom sound is not cause by the speaker stand, but different type of speaker stand will have different charactor sound.
I am using a solid wood speaker stand (20++KG) & Tong Lee borrow me a Ian speaker stand (10++ KG).
I tested with this 2 speaker stand it give me different sound.

(Correct me if i am wrong)
solid wood speaker stand:
- Very strong bass.
- Warm Vocal
- instrument not clear (maybe is covered by the bass)

Ian speaker stand:
- Vocal bright compare with the wood speaker stand
- Instrument very clear compare with the wood speaker stand
- Low bass compare with the wood speaker stand

I think speaker stand can make a bit different on speaker sound output but to fix the sonic problem in the listening room i think it still need to do some room treatment.

Eddy Lim
eddylws

spacer
Post Post subject:
sonyman wrote:
hi guys, my dad wanted to get a unison S2 i think, well there is also a S2 k, kit can i get ur help to ask whats the differnce between S2 and the S2 K and what are they price at the moment, i dont know rm 3500 for a used S2 is worth taking ?

Hi Sonyman,

A brand new S2K cause about RM9800 (price from tong Lee) Understand from Mr.Ling S2 cause about Rm7+++.

Eddy lim
saucywkc

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post Post subject:
Wood stands do contribute to slower bass and muffled mids. Unless your setup is bright, stay away from wood.

Do try out a pair of steel stands before proceeding.
Kit_USJ

spacer
Post Post subject:
sonyman wrote:

Sorry man, was away these few days, as mentioned by eddy S2 is around there lar...i think Eddy kinda like S2K liao...heehee...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Amplifier All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: