. .
Malaysia Hifi Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum
Hifi Malaysia Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum Hi Fi Systems Home Theatre Home Cinema System  

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Digital Source
. Comparision between a copied CD and the original CD Go back
kuanj

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message
Post Post subject:
sonyman wrote:
hi kuan j ,
i hope some one has answered u the question u asking.

well , i havent try with cd rw yet, but i have tried with cdr and it works.

Thanks Sonyman. Do u agree there is no sonic loss from a copied
CDr. Technically speaking it is the same '0 and 1' . Someone demonstrated to me but this guy kept on saying that there are differences but a blind test proofed otherwise. What is your comment?

kuanj
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
actually i have not come to a conclusion yet, i had a lot of arguments with my other friends on this matter.

i once thought that a direct copy cd using a duplicator has not difference in the quality,

but on the last show, i had some doubts on what i had thought about. so i m still looking for a conclusion
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
Cool Good morning, guys.

There is a differences between slow burn say 1 or 2X with the fast
burn of 8X and above. Very Happy

There is a differences between software used. However, that's my
experience.

If you can hear the differences between a US pressing from a EU one
then you could probably be able to listen for the difference between the different methods of burning a cdr. Wink
skareb

spacer
Post Post subject:
My opinion is yes there is different in quality between copied CD and original. But then again not all original CD sound good some are really horrible and only meant to be listen on small mini combo.

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post Post subject:
There is a diff. between Original & copied Cd, the bit rate and so on.....

Even with good software, i.e exactaudiocopy still differ from original. Some Original cds does sound horrible and sometime due to recording technique which made 1st priority for radio broadcast.

cheers

I'm sorry I didn't catch your Naim
Kit_USJ

spacer
Post Post subject:
RM1299?? 1 with the stage 1? if I am not wrong is Rm1899 then blah blah blah...Rm1600

spacer
Post Post subject:
Rip with slow speed and copy with slowest speed possible lah.
Differences are almost indistinguishble..as I hear it,
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
im doing an experiment comparing between direct copied cds, ape file copied to cds and hig quality mp3 copied to cds.

and between a black surface, blue and silver and quality of the cd material used, using various kind of technology,

will update later,

so far exp1 using ape lossless music compression copied to cd, has better high and bass compared to mp3.
saucywkc

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post Post subject:
Who's going to make music if you guys keep on pirating on the talents?

What is the frequency of you guys buying CDs?
hi5

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post Post subject:
saucywkc wrote:
Who's going to make music if you guys keep on pirating on the talents?

Well said KC...cheers

I'm sorry I didn't catch your Naim
Kit_USJ

spacer
Post Post subject:
saucywkc wrote:
Who's going to make music if you guys keep on pirating on the talents? Boss I selute u lar...

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post Post subject:
Kit_USJ wrote:
saucywkc wrote:
Who's going to make music if you guys keep on pirating on the talents? Boss I selute u lar...

If you guys venture into hifi just to compare the differences between originals and copies, why splurge so much on the setups?

I really don't get you guys lar!
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
u seemed worried, well human by nature are curious being. i love to try experiments on new recording and also on the material used for the medium as a step in learning what affects the performance of the recording,

i still do buy original cds, maybe once a year, at least i still buy, but sometimes there are just cd's that u would want to own but the recording ppl just dont press like it use to, like press in hk compare to japan and taiwan are differenct,

these are just experiment and for dscussion, and im just using for own consumption, not selling to u guys and make money out of it.

anyway original recording are still the best, but i like experimenting in tuning and equalising the sound, though it might against the law of hifi, but just curious to find out, whats the difference and how close can todays technology achieve to the original reproduction and this also test how transparent is the system in detecting faults in recording, the higher the system is the more it will reveal the defects of the recording.

if a technology can eliminate that, then we are very close to it and this means the recoding ppl better find a was to keep themselves up so that we wont go out to burn our own cd, that has no difference between the original and burnned one in a high end setup.
saucywkc

spacer
Post Post subject:
I am not worried at all, but just baffled, even more so after your reply.

Buying CDs once in a year?! OMG, what do you listen to? Keep on pressing the repeat button and let the CD play for one whole year?

Along the chain, from recording to mastering to commercial CD pressing, there's only losses. Don't fool yourself or others into believing that you could make lossless CDs.

Yeah, I do make comparisons. I have 4 different versions of Norah Jones, Japan, EU, US and MY. So what? I can play whichever version in the cars, but in my main setup, I only play the US. Get real, copies won't make the best copy!

What do you mean by "CDs that you want to own but ppl don't press it like it used to be"? Are you saying on the musical content or the recording quality?! MY version is never known for their quality, so when does ppl do recording like it used to be?!

Almost one or 2 months, I have people who helped me bring CDs from HK. And I have friends who buy CDs every month from around the globe. If you are serious into this, there is no lame excuse like ppl dun make CDs like it used to be. Just that you guys don't listen to music, but rather, to sound.

As for your last statement, get REAL!
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
you are a really funny guy ... anyway u must be a really rich guy from kl or somewhere having a income maybe 10 X what i m having now.

hehe, the passion in music like urs, i dont have it yet, but looking for alternatives to support my income so that i can still enjoy a decend hifi, which maybe crap to u , sure, i agree totally with u,
but making recording is it a illiegal activity ? or it is just against some hifi law.

btw i can afford to buy 10 sacd like u can that may cost u easily rm 1.5K which i would dream of having, like some uncles i met in KLAV fest, they bought some cd total woth rm 2.3K and i was like wow, this must be the super rich guys.
i fell so left out, how i wish i was born with a golden spoon and i dont need to be doing all this rubbish,

hehe, dont bother about me, just curious in recording a music,
see ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Digital Source All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: