. .
Malaysia Hifi Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum
Hifi Malaysia Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum Hi Fi Systems Home Theatre Home Cinema System  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Audiophile Music
. Hi there! Go back
wilyeoh

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message
Post Post subject: Hi there!
Hi!

I never knew this forum existed till lately...

Been tinkering around with budget hi-fi for awhile now. Just love the music but can't afford to pay too much money for it.

My setup currently is:

Marantz CD6000 OSE
Menthor Integra
Kef RDM One
Cat 5e speakers cables
AQ interconnects (entry level)

Wanted to ask you guys one question? Have you ever bought CDs from China or Hong Kong? They have it down as HDCD and when you put them into your PC, they identify them as such as well.

They also have a good collection of music from pop to stuff audiophiles like to listen to like Alison Krauss, Mary Black, Sarah Brightman, etc.

On my basic system, they sound great. I think better than normal CDs and nearly the same as audiophile CDs. Was always wondering is it because my system is basic that I do not hear the flaws in the recording or is it really that good.

Oh yes... it cost about 10-15 yuan each... Very Happy So that's more music for your buck!
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
i had a couple of china recording cd, basically it is just good recording, or shall i say, good production.

i bought one cd, made in taiwan, sister drum, fantastic.

today, china has all those dsd and hdcd which was available many years ago in the upper world, as production goes into china, the technology are left behind to them, so those are good recording technology.

so i dont doubt the techs, but i only doubt the production, as not many ppl had the skill to produce good recording, i had a china cd, which is on vocals and music, but i dont like it, as i feel the vocal is too loud, not balance, you get very focus vocals, but the music is being drown by it, so it is really irritating. some china production, tend to record at very high levels, you only need very little volume to listen, but if it goes too high, you hate it so much.

anyway, during the last audio show, china cd's outscore the western production. Laughing
skareb

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message
Post Post subject:
I've read somewhere (cant remember exactly) but it says HDCD are 20bit and the extra 4bit has nothing to do with sonic but just the added text. Perhaps you hear better quality is becoz of better recording.

Anyone else might wanna clarify on these claims?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Audiophile Music All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: