. .
Malaysia Hifi Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum
Hifi Malaysia Hi-End Audio Equipment Hi-Fi Malaysia Audio Review Forum Hi Fi Systems Home Theatre Home Cinema System  

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Suggestion & Feedback
. KL international AV show 2006 Go back
Vic

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message
Post Post subject:
Wah! Moving around in one big contingent kah? Then cannot go
lepak lepak with the gals at the AV section, lah? No chance lah? Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
eh not so big lah,

i would prefer on my own, but will try to meet up for tea ... how about that

but if someone wanna come along, not too many, yes by all means.

but 2 will be just ideal.
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
Probably be there on sat morning and stay till evening. Friday, got
a heavy schedule which include fetching my kid to and from school, leh. So the time in between the activity is just 2-3 hours I don't think
enough time to lepak. Will try anyway, will see. Laughing Laughing
sonyman

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post Post subject:
4 more days to countdown to this years audio show.

any feelings and comments?

Im just excited!!!!
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
I'm excited too....wonder how the gals at the AV section will
dress up this time....dress to kill? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Swiss Statement will demo their new entry....the world's 1st
ceramic midrange driver in their supreme model of Martin Design.
A case of listening to something we can't have! Cool Cool Cool Cool

A demo of hardaward only.....as there won't be any elaborarate room
treatments to go with it. A case of not listening to the full potential?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
so now you have seen the entire show, maybe not for those who sadly didnt make it, so i hope that we all now can share the experience we had in the show,

lets discussed about the best speaker everyone had listen and what was the thing that wah and wow you with some performance, and also any great things that you have learned and any super pretty hot gals that u had make friends with, which i didnt, was too shy, they were too pretty, gone my those days where my mojo was there, now no more leh. like to see but when it comes to hifi, pretty girls second hifi first, i m afraid not enough time to listen to all, if i had went for the girls, anyway it was down stairs at the start of the show, so no choice..

hehe, sorry,,,,, no pretty girl pics from me.

so the best setup for me goes to coltrane systems and the associates.. great job there. super sound, nothing that i had listen b4, i didnt had much time spend there, but the chinese guy, was really warm in his welcome, the one working there, about 20-30 of age, didnt get his name.
and hell the sub unit is as tall as me, oh, now u guys know how tall im

second was karma audio with goldmund amps, another great setup with extreme depths and 3d sound, serious, if you were to listen, the singer actually comes from the centre preamp and the speaker is so much front. bass was good for karma. well another great setup.

the other amazing setup was rock port audio, super sound, very lively and great bass. powered by boulder power amp. isoclean was somethiing that i have not seen b4, and looks like a good cleaning system. what you guys think?

the other interesting speaker to me was usher audio, great sound, distributer from penang and the dealer in kl is audio note.
usher audio 520 is nominated the best entry level speaker available by absolute sound mag.

cabasse speaker had me stuck to the seat as the indian guy keep on playing the bass and drum tracks and the sub, thor 2 was amazing, super shaking my pants and inside of me, enough is enough and i had to leave the room.

one of the most exciting speaker for me was wilson audio puppy watt 8, thought not run in, but it sounded great too, though the bass was not as tight as focus audio next room.

the other very interesting thing is that on level 4 , some one stack the wharfadale speaker on top of each other and created a new speaker called wharfadale confidence. hehe like the dynaudio

very sad that the b&w 8 series was not setup for listening in monsoon booth,

for my opinion , the worst setup was the sonus faber, and why i said that could be they were playing the wrong music, very muddy bass and bitting high hz, very disappointed with it. i think it was the cremona, very not sonus faber, the domus in the other room was ok. not too bad.

the other setups was good and ok for me to accept, as my knowledge in this field is really shallow, so let you sifu comment on more things.

i didnt get to look on a lot of accesories, so maybe someone can share it..

hope u all had a great time during the past 3 days, i had a lot of god time listening to great music and i bought chai ching and sister drum 2 this time and a ps audio harverster, dont know it works a not, cannot afford the other, try this out first and see,

Laughing
Alephman

spacer
Post Post subject:
For those who cared emough to wondered if I made it or not, I did!

Friday was an absolutely shitty day for me, I lost all interest in going. As with that, I also lost out of listening to Ken Ishiwata's demo which I heard from a friend who attended, as great lesson in hi-fi setting up. The KI had use Marantz budget range CDP and Integrated amp with a pair of Mordaunt Short Perfomance 6 speakers, and almost all the attendents floored! It goes to show you do not need high end $$$ for high end sound!

But I did made it on Sunday but no more KI and the set up room to listen to. I share most of Sonyman's observation, with the exception of the Audio Research/Sonus Faber room by Perfect Hi-Fi. The were playing with the Amati floorstanders when I heard it, and it sounded really nice. I wish to add that Thong Lee put up very respectable sound through the CEC Transport, CJ amps and VR speakers.

As I only had 3 hours to see/hear all, I missed the Meridian room, and a few others. The Monsoon demo of the HT was very effective, that I thought it costed many times more, when the sales guy told me the price, I told him, yes! Send it all to my house after the show!
You could not believe the look on his face! Anyway, transaction of course never took place! I do live in the real world after all, where budget is indeed a very real concern!

Only disapointment is that, I did not see any accesories that I was hoping to find.

Overall, I think there was less rooms this year, but there were more quality demo rooms.

Great Show!

spacer
Post Post subject:
I went on Friday, and I find it very difficult to audition those setup, as ppl are walking up and down and its just too busy to concentrate, I mostly just jump from room to room.

As you mention about perfect hifi ARC and sonus setup thats a clear example how inaccurate those demo are, if you can recall I audition the setup on the 16th and it sounded way way better compared to the KLIAV. If it were to sound like that then I would say it doesnt justify the price.

Anyway I finally bought a HIfi rack at ATS, again its made of glass hehehe, there I was consulting vic about room treatment and there I go again with more glass furniture. I dunno I just love glass thingy. I didnt go for the Arcylic as I know they turn yellowish after sometime and I aint gonna change rack after 2 years!

But its a shame didnt get to meet anyone in here...BTW I spoke to a guy at Cyrus demo and is he from here?
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
Alephman wrote:
For those who cared emough to wondered if I made it or not, I did!

Friday was an absolutely shitty day for me, I lost all interest in going. As with that, I also lost out of listening to Ken Ishiwata's demo which I heard from a friend who attended, as great lesson in hi-fi setting up. The KI had use Marantz budget range CDP and Integrated amp with a pair of Mordaunt Short Perfomance 6 speakers, and almost all the attendents floored! It goes to show you do not need high end $$$ for high end sound!

But I did made it on Sunday but no more KI and the set up room to listen to. I share most of Sonyman's observation, with the exception of the Audio Research/Sonus Faber room by Perfect Hi-Fi. The were playing with the Amati floorstanders when I heard it, and it sounded really nice. I wish to add that Thong Lee put up very respectable sound through the CEC Transport, CJ amps and VR speakers.

As I only had 3 hours to see/hear all, I missed the Meridian room, and a few others. The Monsoon demo of the HT was very effective, that I thought it costed many times more, when the sales guy told me the price, I told him, yes! Send it all to my house after the show!
You could not believe the look on his face! Anyway, transaction of course never took place! I do live in the real world after all, where budget is indeed a very real concern!

Only disapointment is that, I did not see any accesories that I was hoping to find.

Overall, I think there was less rooms this year, but there were more quality demo rooms.

Great Show!

great to hear you make it, though it was just 3 hours

cool , at least you can sleep well in the night and not thinking , what lah i miss all the fun
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
Hi All,

Were any of you guys at the talk given by Ken Ishiwata? I was there.

Hi Skareb,

You sure like glasses! Affinity for them, perhaps because it's
transparent! And kind of look nice too! Yes, glass surfaces are
very reflective, and may alter the sound of the hifi sound
reproductions!

Hi Sonyman, consensus among my hifi buddies, say the Goldmund
and Karma combi is the best sounding! Perhaps the room conditions were more ideal than the other rooms! Hence, the system with the least sonic problems being exhibited!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hi Safetyman, missed meeting up with you. I would have been able
to meet up with you if Alephman could make it on Friday. So I went
alone, rushed to the talk by KI and met some friends there to go
around with. Bumped into Sonyman at the Swiss Statement room!

Still could listen to my own system after listening to those hi-end
mega buck system! Maybe the room treatments help to
climatised the mind to the music...crap or no crap!!!

BTW we are keeping a date with Skareb. We are visiting him and
his neighbour, an elderly uncle in his 70's who runs Krell/Thiel/
Theta & /or Accuphase/Krell pre amp! Then, minum/lepak/makan!
On the list is myself, Sonyman & Skareb.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Laughing
Alephman

spacer
Post Post subject:
Vic, when is this date? I am hoping to join in too.

spacer
Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post Post subject:
I would love to join if possible. Gimme the date and if I'm not off for outstation, I'll be there.

cheers

I'm sorry I didn't catch your Naim
sonyman

spacer
Post Post subject:
should be august frist sunday. that was what i understand from him.

i dont know the place yet.
Vic

spacer
Post Post subject:
Will saturday evening/nite be a good time? Sleep late on sundays?
Except for those who will go for sudnay church service in the morning.OK, we work out something like not pass midnite or something
like that. It's in Cheras, Miharja enter either thru San Peng Road or UE3 complex entrance.

Will fix a date with the senior person either this coming sat or next
saturday. I think Skareb should be able to get a 'restricted visa' as it's in his neighbourhood. As we will want to listen to his system before
we listen to the other system. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Will get back to you guys here tomorrow. OK? Wink
skareb

spacer
Post Post subject:
you guys are most welcome, just lemme know the date and time. My visa for 1km radius is multiple entree Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia HiFi . com Forum Index » Suggestion & Feedback All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: